Week 6 Rankings
Week 5 saw a good handful of injuries to the bottom-half of teams. Matt Cassel went down with a concussion, as did Robert Griffin III, but Griffin is expected to play while Cassel isn't. At running back, Cedric Benson suffered a lisfranc injury and was placed on the I.R. with designation to return list, and Ryan Williams' shoulder injury will require shoulder surgery, which will keep him sidelined the rest of the year.
Week 6 will be a tough one to rank, and we're going to learn a lot more about these back up fillers with injuries all around the league. A few of those back ups might even be guys that you might not of heard the name of before this week - William Powell, Josh Gordon, and others. That's what I'm here for: The sort out and breakdown every player in every game, one by one. Rankings are being posted Wednesday night, and then analysis will follow later on, likely on Friday. Let's get started.
BYES: Chicago Bears, New Orleans Saints, Carolina Panthers, Jacksonville Jaguars
1. Matt Ryan vs Oakland
2. Peyton Manning @ San Diego
3. Matt Schaub vs Green Bay
4. Joe Flacco vs Dallas
5. Aaron Rodgers @ Houston
6. Andy Dalton @ Cleveland
7. Mike Vick vs Detroit
8. Tom Brady @ Seattle
9. Eli Manning @ 49ers
10. Robert Griffin III vs Minnesota - Unless there is a setback, Griffin III is fully expected to play. He is listed as questionable.
11. Matt Stafford @ Philadelphia
12. Andrew Luck @ New York Jets
13. Philip Rivers vs Denver
14. Tony Romo @ Baltimore
15. Alex Smith vs New York Giants - Probable with a sprained finger.
16. Kevin Kolb vs Buffalo
17. Ryan Fitzpatrick @ Arizona
18. Carson Palmer @ Atlanta
19. Ryan Tannehill vs St. Louis
20. Christian Ponder @ Washington - Probable with a knee injury.
21. Josh Freeman vs Kansas City
22. Brandon Weeden vs Cincinnati
23. Sam Bradfrod @ Miami
24. Russell Wilson vs New England
25. Mark Sanchez vs Indianapolis - Probable with a back injury. Hope you're not playing him, but if you are, there's no concern.
26. Brady Quinn @ Tampa Bay - Cassel should miss sometime with the aforementioned concussion.
1. Arian Foster vs Green Bay - Probable with a knee injury
2. Trent Richardson vs Cincinnati
3. Darren McFadden @ Atlanta - Probable with shoulder injury. Was limited earlier in the week, but practiced fully on Friday.
4. Ryan Mathews vs Denver
5. Ray Rice vs Dallas
6. Jamaal Charles @ Tampa Bay
7. Reggie Bush vs St. Louis - Probable with a knee injury, but sounds like Bush will be a full go on Sunday.
8. Adrian Peterson @ Washington
9. Lesean McCoy vs Detroit
10. Michael Turner vs Oakland
11. Frank Gore vs New York Giants
12. Marshawyn Lynch vs New England - Probable with back injury.
13. Willis McGahee @ San Diego
14. Doug Martin vs Kansas City
15. LaRod Stephens-Howling vs Buffalo - Listed as probable with a knee injury. Has an already nice matchup with Buffalo, but now the Bills are missing DE Mark Anderson for some time, and Kyle Williams will likely be a game-time call. Cardinals could rush for 175+ yards in this game.
16. Demarco Murray @ Baltimore
17. Fred Jackson @ Arizona
18. BenJarvus Green-Ellis @ Cleveland
19. Vick Ballard @ New York Jets - Donald Brown out 2-3 weeks. Ballard becomes the starter.
20. Shonn Greene vs Indianapolis - Matchup play here.
21. Ahmad Bradshaw @ San Francisco
22. LeGarrette Blount vs Kansas City
23. Mikel Leshoure @ Philadelphia
24. Alex Green @ Houston
25. Steven Jackson @ Miami
26. Stevan Ridley @ Seattle
27. William Powell vs Buffalo - Probable with a head injury.
28. CJ Spiller @ Arizona
29. James Starks @ Houston - Surprise inactive last week, I expect him to play this week. However, Packers going to go with the hot hand, and I believe that will be Green from the get-go.
30. Ben Tate @ Green Bay - Probable with the toe injury that kepy him out last week. I think Tate gets quite a bit of run in this game, and think he is productive.
31. Shaun Draughn @ Tampa Bay - Hillis is officially inactive for Week 6.
32. Jacquizz Rodgers vs Oakland
33. Brandon Bolden @ Seattle
34. Bilal Powell vs Indianapolis
35. Kendall Hunter vs New York Giants
36. Daryl Richardson @ Miami
37. Lamar Miller vs St. Louis - Daniel Thomas is out with a concussion (his second of the year), Miller will pick up the touches.
38. Jackie Battle vs Denver
39. Ronnie Hillman @ San Diego
40. Joique Bell @ Philadelphia
41. Danny Woodhead @ Seattle
42. David Wilson @ San Francisco - Not only his he the new backup in New York according to speculation and performance, but it's also of note that Andre Brown is out with a concusion.
43. John Kuhn @ Houston
44. Delone Carter @ New York Jets
45. Javorskie Lane vs St. Louis
46. Toby Gerhart @ Washington
47. Mewelde Moore @ New York Jets - Probable with an ankle injury.
48. Mike Goodson @ Atlanta
49. Chris Ogbonnaya vs Cincinnati
50. Felix Jones @ Baltimore
1. Calvin Johnson @ Philadelphia
2. Percy Harvin @ Washington - Probable with a hamstring injury. Harvin should get some more targets this week, as I expect Jerome Simpson (questionable) to sit out with his back injury.
3. Larry Fitzgerald vs Buffalo
4. AJ Green @ Cleveland - Will face Joe Haden in his first game back from suspension, should be a toug matchup. On another note, Green has a knee injury and is probable. Concern level: nada.
5. Roddy White vs Oakland
6. Demaryius Thomas @ San Diego - Probable with hip injury. No concern here.
7. Dwayne Bowe @ Tampa Bay
8. Reggie Wayne @ New York Jets
9. Victor Cruz @ San Francisco
10. Miles Austin @ Baltimore - Probable with hamstring injury.
11. Vincent Jackson vs Kansas City
12. Andre Johnson vs Green Bay - Honestly, this is a gut feeling. Johnson hasn't been good to his fantasy owners, but this is a good matchup, it's on primetime, and the skill is still there. I think Sachub and Johnson will be on the same page versus the Packers on Sunday night. Probable with a groin injury, but has practiced all week long.
13. James Jones @ Houston - Most effective fantasy wide receiver right now. Expect Greg Jennings to be inactive. Johnathan Joseph should be on Jordy Nelson. Shaping up well for Jones.
14. Torrey Smith vs Dallas
15. Wes Welker @ Seattle - Don't read into this, but Welker is questionable with an ankle injury. He was limited in practice on Friday.
16. Eric Decker @ San Diego
17. Michael Crabtree vs New York Giants
18. Julio Jones vs Oakland - Check out this article on Jones' home/away splits: http://fullimpactfootball.com/2012/10/07/julio-jones-homeaway-fantasy-value/
19. Dez Bryant @ Baltimore
20. Hakeem Nicks @ San Francisco - If active and expected to play majority of snaps, he's a must start. Traditionally can produce even in his first game back fron injury.
21. Malcom Floyd vs Denver
22. Brandon Lloyd @ Seattle
23. Anquan Boldin vs Dallas - Think Brandon Carr will be on Boldin and he was shredded against the Bears.
24. Jordy Nelson @ Houston
25. Jeremy Kerley vs Indianapolis - Top receiver with the Jets right now, and this is a good matchup. However, Kerley should see less targets this week with Dustin Keller making his season debut and rookie receiver Stephen Hill returning after missing a few weeks with an hamstring injury.
26. Jeremy Maclin vs Detroit - Louis Delmas still out, and will see a lot of 1-on-1 with rookie corner Bill Bentley. Wouldn't be surprised if this is the game where he goes off. Worth a note that Riley Cooper will make his season debut after breaking his collarbone.
27. Pierre Garcon vs Minnesota - The foot is still bothering him, and it's a tough defense. He can be so good when healthy, but he's not there yet. Recovery is being prolonged by him not resting the foot.
28. DeSean Jackson vs Detroit
29. Andre Roberts vs Buffalo
30. Steve Johnson @ Arizona - The last two weeks have been miserable.
31. Brian Hartline vs St. Louis - Probable with quadriep injury, but practiced fully on Friday. Cortland Finnegan, and the Rams in general, should own this matchup, don't expect much from Hartline.
32. Denarius Moore @ Atlanta
33. Mike Williams vs Kansas City
34. Josh Gordon vs Cincinnati - Jordan Norwood is doubtful, and is not expected to play. The Browns already have ruled out Mohamed Massaquoi and Travis Benjamin. Bengals are likely to have Dre Kirkpatrick for the first time of his career, as he returns from a knee injury. Kirkpatrick is questionable. Gordon should become a more versatile receiver in this game, not just a deep guy like he was against the Giants. It'll be interesting to see if Josh Cooper will get on the field. Cooper was Weeden's college teammate at Oklahoma State and was called up from the practice squad this week. If he gets on the field, I could see a few catches.
35. Randall Cobb @ Houston
36. Andrew Hawkins @ Cleveland
37. Domenik Hixon @ San Francisco
38. Davone Bess vs St. Louis
39. Mario Manningham vs New York Giants
40. Sidney Rice vs New England
41. Robert Meachem vs Denver
42. Darrius Heyward-Bey @ Atlanta - Probable with a concussion. Practiced fully all week. Look for him to play. Make sure he's owned in all leagues.
43. Jordan Norwood vs Cincinnati
44. Brandon Gibson @ Miami - Danny Amendola will miss extensive time. Gibson is the No. 1 receiver with Amendola out.
45. Chris Givens @ Miami
46. Brandon Stokley @ San Diego
47. Chaz Schillens vs Indianapolis
48. Doug Baldwin vs New England
49. Armon Binns @ Cleveland
50. Nate Burleson @ Philadelphia
1. Tony Gonzalez vs Oakland
2. Kyle Rudolph - Washington has allowed four touchdowns to tight ends this year.
3. Vernon Davis vs New York Giants
4. Rob Gronkowski @ Seattle
5. Jason Witten @ Baltimore
6. Owen Daniels vs Green Bay
7. Fred Davis vs Minnesota
8. Aaron Hernandez @ Seattle - Sounds like he will play, but who knows with Belichick. If he does play, likely to not only be limited physically, but have his snaps limited.
9. Martellus Bennett @ San Francisco - Probable with a knee injury.
10. Brandon Pettigrew @ Philadelphia - Probable with a knee injury. Limited in practice on Friday. Would be a surprise if he did not go.
11. Brent Celek vs Lions
12. Jermaine Gresham @ Cleveland
13. Scott Chandler @ Arizona
14. Joel Dreesen @ San Diego - Three straight games with touchdowns. Huge red zone target.
15. Dennis Pitta vs Dallas
16. Antonio Gates vs Denver
17. Dwayne Allen @ New York Jets
18. Brandon Myers @ Atlanta - Probable with shoulder injury. Nothing to worry about.
19. Jermichael Finley @ Houston - Listeed as questionable. Should be a game-time decision. Finley essentially worth a drop in most leagues at this point. He's not good, it's that simple.
20. Tob Heap vs Buffalo
21. Jacob Tamme @ San Diego
22. James Casey vs Green Bay
23. Coby Fleener @ New York Jets
That's it for my rankings. Analysis will likely be added before Sunday's games (look for the update on Friday or Saturday). Until then, you can follow me on Twitter for all your news, notes, and personalized fantasy advice. Good luck to you all this week!